The combination of virtual reality and mobile phones is a blend of the future
The evolution of mobile phones is becoming more and more progressive. We have been accustomed to seeing every day, month, year, more and more models that have something different and more interesting than the previous one to offer us.
There are numerous companies in the market that are trying to attract their attention and win the market. What is happening further in the world of mobile telephony and digitization is the introduction of a virtual reality, a computer-generated imagination, which has flourished in small steps and has taken a peak for the past couple of years.
We will start from 2011 when Google develops the prototype of its glasses for the expanded reality – Google Glass, and the next – Startup Oculus VR develops the composition and glasses for the virtual reality Oculus Rift.
True expansion of VR is experienced in 2014 by the purchase of Oculus VR by Facebook for $ 2 billion. That same year, Google developed a simple virtual reality solution – Cardboard. It’s a cheap card headset with lenses that, combined with smartphones and related applications, turn into glasses for virtual reality, but also enhanced.
Oculus continues to further cooperation with Samsung and 2015 develops the virtual reality device Gear VR, compatible with Samsung’s smartphones, including the Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge +, S6 and S6 edge, and then Samsung Galaxz S7 and Samsung Galaxz S7 Edge .
At the same time, HTC’s competing HTC represents its virtual composition HTC Vive – exceptional quality glasses that have proved to be very well on the market.
The next to be mentioned is the LG G5, which is completely different from its predecessors – it has a metal casing, improved performance, modular and full accessories, and one of them is the VR glasses.
Now, the variety of headphones, mobile phones and their pairing is so much that the possibilities of using it are numerous.
Some of them are:
- ALTERGAZE VR – Altergaze VR is a 3D printed headset. Started after money was collected via Kickstarter Web site, March 2014 Compatible with Android and iPhone phones.
- ANTVR – This VR set is designed and developed by Lenovo. Provides a 110 ° field of view, with the help of a Bluetooth controller, you can have pretty good control in applications. It is used with all new Lenovo phones in size from 5 to 6 inches.
- ARCHOS VR – Archos is a compatible headset with almost all smartphones on the market. With the Archos Video Player application on the phone, users can watch 3D movies and video clips.
- BOBOVR Z4 – This headset provides you with a 120 ° field of vision, a pre-built headset, a sound control button and a control button. Headset supports 4 “to 6” Iphone, Android and Windows phones.
- FIGMENT VR – Figment VR is an accessory for the phone that is used for virtual reality. It is currently compatible with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- FREEFLY VR – Excellent quality headset compatible with phones such as iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy 4/5 and Samsung Note 3/4. Excellent feeling of presence due to the 120 ° field of vision, the largest market ever offered.
- FOVE VR – Fove VR has built-in sensors that monitor eye movements and thus interact. A display field of 100 ° at a high resolution 5.7 “display. The Fove VR was originally launched as a project at Kickstarter, which acquired more than $ 480,650 from 1,400 worldwide
- GOOGLE CARDBOARD – Google Cardboard, as we have already mentioned, is one of the cheapest smartphone platforms currently available on the market. One of the first headset that marked the beginning of VR evolution. It is used in both virtual and in augmented reality.
- HOMIDO – Homido is a tougher version of Google Cardboard made of plastic. It can work with any smartphone. The lenses provide a 100 ° field of view.
- IMMERSION VRELIA GO – Headset made for all modern mobile phones. The two-hole design allows all phones to use the front camera and the AR.
- ION VR – Can be used in combination with phones ranging from 4.5 “to 6”, either Android or iOS.
- LG 360 VR – The LG 360 VR headset needs to connect to the LG G5 phone via a USB cable “C-type” unlike the rest.
- MERGE VR – MerveVR is known for being much lighter than others and longer lasting. Made of soft foam and designed to be as comfortable as possible to wear. It is compatible with almost all iOS and Android devices.
- SAMSUNG GEAR VR – Samsung Gear VR is made by Samsung Electronics in cooperation with Oculus VR. It is one of the most popular and most sophisticated mobile VR headset in the world. It is compatible with the Galaxy smartphone using USB and Micro USB cable. Users can use thousands of games and experiences in the Oculus store.
- ZEISS VR ONE – A solid headset is made by Carl Zeiss, a renowned lens designer. This headset is a more advanced version of Google Cardboard. Compatible with iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6, Nexus 5, and LG-G3 smartphones.
- WEARALITY SKY – Mobile 3D headset with more than 150 degree field of view. It’s flexible and compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note, iPhone 6+, and Nexus 6 smartphones. Easily portable and excellent for every occasion.
We count on increasing attention to such and even more interesting connections and ideas. The fact is that VR in the world of digitization is more and more likely to be said to represent the future.